Skip to main content

**REVIEW** Skin & Lab - Vitamin C Cream

Hellooo! 

Just a quick update- I have now just started university at Manchester (YAY, I made it in!) and wow, living off student loan is so difficult but enjoying every moment here! 

Long time no speak! I hope you've all been doing well! 
I have recently made a purchase for the skin & lab vitamin C brightening cream as my skin has been looking a little dull lately and wanted to re-vamp it! Before purchasing this product I have realized that there aren't many reviews on it, yet it seems like a reasonably popular product so for you guys reading I hope this becomes of use! ^^ 

First off I would like to say that I really do find the packinging very attractive. It looks so 'clean' with it's reflective boxing and not overly cluttered like a lot of product packaging I have seen. 




A bit of the info and details on the back, for whoever wants to read it ...


I would love to say a big thank you for all the free samples they gave me, which included most of the skin & lab line! Looking forward to trying them out! 
This is pretty much the same as the picture above but not as zoomed in ...
hmm, makes me wonder why i bothered inserting this picture too ...
As you can see, the consistency is gel-like and water based, so for that matter it was not moisturizing for the skin, especially my skin which is dry. I had to use something over it after applied. 
As you rub it in, the product is absorbed very quickly into the skin and does not leave any film as a lot of gel creams do.


So to conclude
Moister for me is the most important thing for my skin so as stated above, it was not moisturizing enough , so I don't recommend it for those with dryer skin types unless you want to use a moisturizer over it but in my case I didn't like doing that. Also, the gel was not unscented. It smelt like those disinfectant wash cloths you get at restaurants (do you know what i mean?)... It didn't bother me too much because once it absorbed into the skin I couldn't smell it anymore.
 As for brightening effects, I definitely saw a difference after I used it for a week. My skin was noticeably brighter and not as dull.
Be Careful - when using this product and/or any other brightening/whitening products be sure to keep your skin protected with sun block of SPF15 or more as the products reduce the production of melanin in the skin and upon expose to sun rays it would make your skin more prone to damage of the skin cells, eg, dark spots.

- Speak soon ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SANA Soy Milk Whitening Cream *Review*

Hello guys ! Today I'm going to review a product by SANA which is the soy milk whitening cream which was purchased in Hong Kong for HK$89 which is approx. £7.42 !! Packaging : This product actually caught my eye by its packaging as the style was simple yet attractive. The covering was clear and you can see what the actual container of the product looks like which is a plus point. Ingredients : After I picked up this product I looked at the ingredients. I heard that soy milk was good for the skin so I wanted to try out this product. What surprised me was that the product did not react at all with my dry and eczema skin, it actually hydrated it slightly. Texture : The cream is actually a gel. The product smoothes nicely onto the face but it leaves a 'film' on your face which keeps in moisture (makes your face look oily hehe), so i wouldn't recommend using it right before you go out =P ! Whitening : To begin with, I didn't see much effect on my skin and I

G&G Frozen Black REVIEW

Hello!  We are back with the new line of G&G in frozen black! Exciting! My contacts were ordered from PinkyParadise for a price of £17.95.  Now lets get the details down before the pictures (as on site):  Brand / GEO Origin /  South Korea Diameter /  14.5mm  Base Curve / 8.9mm Water Content / 38% Life Span / Yearly No contacts  With contacts It comes with a cute little macron lens case   Enlargement : 5/5 -  There's definitely an enlargement and it really makes a difference to they eyes! Comfort : 4/5 - With a water content of 38%, they are a bit more drying than the other contacts I own. Therefore, I can keep these in for 8 hours max before my eyes get quite dry but that's plenty of time and I wouldn't really recommend keeping circle lenses in for longer. Price : 5/5 - £17.95 for a yearly disposable lenses is a great price!! I highly recommend this! They are by far the most comfortab

Garnier Nutrisse truly blonde hair dye Review

Hello! I'm back with another hair dye review by Garnier! I've wanted to go blonde for the longest time, but having Asian hair made this a lot more difficult. Previous people I have spoken to who have also tried to go blonde ended up ginger. Nevertheless, this did not scare me! I was determined! This was my previous colour So, 30 minutes after! Time to rinse! oops, blurry  Indoor lighting (with a terrible front camera) Alright, as you guys can see, it's not blonde bu more yellow. However, at the time I liked it - it was different.  Outdoor lighting  So, I ended up like a strawberry blonde?  In order for me to get to a blonder shade, I needed to bleach again but I quite liked my current colour, so I left it as it is.  My hair condition was surprisingly good after dying and a week or two after! But as you probably guess - the condition deteriorated, leaving my hair dry and brittle.  All is well though with a